At OLO Builders, you’re in good hands with your home’s construction. We work hard to make sure you’re a part of the process as well as extremely satisfied once your home is finished.
How to Build a Home: Guiding You through the Home Building Process
At OLO Builders, we know that you have a lot going through your mind. So, we’re thorough in our building process. You’ll know what we’re doing every step of the way.
1. Our sales consultation meetings cover the following:
- We listen to your needs and wants that you desire for your new home.
- We review floor plan options with you
- We review options and pricing with you
- We review the available lots to build your new home on
- Our sales consultations are free, and you’re under no obligation.
2. Your Sales Manager will contact you throughout your home-buying and building process.
Once construction begins, your Field Manager will continue to communicate with you and will provide updates on your home, and answer any concerns or questions you may have.
3. We want to keep you in the loop during the construction phase.
We encourage you to go to BuilderTrend and log-in with the username and password that we provided for you. When you use BuilderTrend, you can check the real-time build status of your home 24/7.
4. We care about our home buyers and want to keep you as safe as possible.
Please follow these safety guidelines:
- Do not enter into any zones where homes are under construction or where subdivision improvements are being installed.
- If you do visit your construction site, please understand you are doing so at your own risk.
- Please do not attempt to give instructions to any of OLO Builders’ trade partners or try to perform unauthorized work.
What Happens After the Sale?
Now, the fun begins. You signed your contract, and you have your BuilderTrend account. Now, you have to pick out the elements that will transform your new house into a home that’s uniquely yours.
We have hundreds of design choices to incorporate into your new home. These options aren’t limited to the color of the paint in each room. Instead, our design options encompass structural choices, elevation options, color options, rock choices, and many more elements to choose from.
Since there are so many decisions to make, we help you with the process. We simplify it for you so you can see how each option will look in your new home.
At the “Scheduled Selections Meeting,” your sales manager will decide what materials will be used for your new home.
We use our software to help with the material selection process:
- Exterior materials, such as siding, window trim, masonry, and porch materials
- Exterior doors
- Garage doors
- Finish work
- Bathroom hardware
- Bathroom mirrors
- Interior paint
What You Can Expect at the “What to Expect” Meeting
After the Scheduled Selections meeting, you’ll meet the Field Manager and the Portfolio Manager for your construction project. We call this meet and greet, the “What to Expect” meeting.
It is a team effort to complete the building of your home. This meeting starts the home building process and is a transition point for you, the home buyers:
- The Field Manager is in charge of the job site. If there are any contractual changes, you need to make these changes with the Field Manager. Your Portfolio manager will review the changes and then get them processed by the Contract Manager.
- How the home building process works. You’ll have scheduled onsite visits to your new home with your Sales Manager and Field Manager.
You’ll also have access to the progress of your home through BuilderTrend, which includes job logs, ongoing progress pictures, and communication.
Your Sales Manager will create your BuilderTrend account. You can communicate with the OLO Builders team through BuilderTrend. Feel free to ask questions or leave comments on job logs. On BuilderTrend, you can view the job schedule and see what phase of construction your home is currently in.
At times, events outside of our control affect your home’s construction schedule.
Here are some of those unforeseen events:
- Selections and change orders – Any changes you make to the design selection or if the selections have extended lead times, you may notice the schedule delayed or taking longer than you expected.
- Weather – While we can’t control Mother Nature, we do our best to plan ahead and arrange work around inclement weather. Yet, there are times we may need to delay construction due to poor weather conditions.
- Resources, including materials, labor, and availability – The portfolio manager and field manager work with the contract manager to assign trade partners that will reduce scheduling conflicts. And yet, there may be a scheduling snafu that interferes with your home’s construction.
- Communications policy – It can take up to one business day to return your text, email or phone call because your Field Manager is overseeing multiple job sites at any given time. We encourage you to view your project through BuilderTrend while you wait for us to respond to you.
- Zero Defect List (ZDL) we’re finished with construction – Your team inspects your house to make sure we delivered what we promised to you. Then, we hand over the keys to your brand new home.
We Want You to Participate in Your Home’s Construction
It can seem that you’re out of touch of your new home’s construction while the hard work is in progress. Since you don’t need to put in any sweat equity, we get you involved with our special touchpoints.
Here are our seven touchpoints for you to be an active participant in your new home’s building project:
Golden Shovel Ceremony
We give you two golden shovels on the day we break ground for your new home. You can dig a shovelful of dirt signifying the start of construction. We’ll provide you with pictures and videos on this important day.
We provide a golden hammer for you to drive a nail into the framing of your home. At this point in construction, we’re erecting your walls, and you’ll be part of the process! We cement this day in your memory through video and pictures.
Friday with the Field Manager
Your Field Manager will call you once a week to give you an update on your home’s progress. Your Field Manager will also explain what’s on the building schedule for the following week.
The Field Manager will write a weekly report to keep your Sales Manager up-to-date too.
Make an Impression
When it’s time to start the flatwork on your home’s exterior, you and your family will be invited to place your two hands in the wet concrete while it’s set up and formed.
Your hands in the concrete will be a lasting memento reminding you of your family’s involvement in your home’s building process. Again, we’ll take pictures and video to upload on your BuilderTrend account.
“Welcome Home” Ribbon-cutting
Once we complete the final inspection and close with you on the sale of your home, you’ll need to cut the ribbon. After closing, we return with you to your new home so you can receive your house keys, garage door openers and cut the “Welcome Home” ribbon at your front door.
When you partner with OLO Builders to design and build your new home, you’ll find a partnership that makes your home-building process easy and affordable.
You’ll have peace of mind working with us at OLO Builders because we’re sincere, we’re backed by a 10-year warranty, we’ve over 100 years building experience, and we build homes that last for a lifetime!